It is no wonder that almost every person feels stressed in their life every now and then. Due to entangled badly in family responsibilities to taking care of work pressure, sometimes the situation gets worsen if not be considered on time. Thankfully, yoga is there to help you! Just by sparing a few minutes for self-care and doing yoga, you can relieve stress from your life.
Take a look at the points listed in the write-up up to learn how to perform yoga for stress relief and gift your mind the much-needed rest.
Best Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
If stress is holding you back from making the most of your life, then the below-mentioned yoga poses will help you free yourself from stress.
Known as Balasana, it is one of the best stress relieving yoga poses to calm your mind and make it stress-free.
- Here’s How to Practice the Child’s Pose:
- Sit on your heels with legs together and knees width apart.
- Bend forward until your chest touches thighs and forehead rests on the floor.
- Beginners may find it difficult to touch their forehead on the floor. Hence, they can use a block.
- Place your arms in the front position with your palms facing down.
- Stay as long as you are comfortable.
Bridge Pose is another best yoga pose to energize and rejuvenate your mind. It not only helps in alleviating stress but is also a good option to get rid of various health conditions like high blood pressure, asthma, backache, headache, insomnia, anxiety, and more.
- Here’s How to Practice Bridge Pose:
- Lie down on the yoga mat, face upwards.
- Bend your knees and rest your feet on the floor in a flat position.
- Place arms alongside the body with palm down.
- Inhale, lift hips while pressing feet into the floor, and rolling the spine off the floor.
- Press both your shoulders and arms for lifting your chest up and supporting legs to lift hips higher.
- Slowly roll your spine and hips back to the floor while exhaling.
Legs Up the Wall Pose
Those who are looking to get relief from tired legs and feet along with calming their mind can give Legs up the Wall yoga pose a shot. It is also a great stretch to get relief from backache.Here’s How to Practice Legs Up the Wall Pose:
- Set up your yoga mat at a place touching a wall.
- Sit with your left against wall.
- Touch your lower back on the floor.
- Place your head and shoulder on the floor.
- Gently bring your legs up on the wall.
- Touch your legs and butt to the wall.
- Use your hands to balance.
- Let your arms rest at your side, palms facing up.
- Close your eyes and stay as long as you can with comfort.
There are many variations in the forward fold pose. No matter while variation you try, the yoga poses brings your body into a state of deep relaxation. Let’s make you understand about standing forward fold.
Here’s How to Practice Standing Forward Fold Pose:
- Stand with your feet together on the yoga mat.
- Slightly bend your knees and try folding your torso over your legs.
- Place your hands either on the ground in front of you or next to your feet.
- While inhaling try extending your chest for lengthening your spine.
- Let your head hang in the air,
- To get back from the pose, place your hands on your hips and rise up slowly by pressing your tailbone down.
As the name implies, this stress relieving yoga pose can be done without any hassle. It is best to promote inner calm by relieving mental and physical exhaustion from your mind and body.
Here’s How to Practice Easy Pose:
- Sit straight on your yoga mat and extend your legs in front of you.
- Now cross your legs by placing each foot below the opposite knee.
- Place your hands on your knees by putting your palms down.
- Hold for 30 seconds to one minute in the beginning and extend the duration over time.
Here ends the list of the 5 best poses of yoga for stress relief. Each of the yoga pose given here is great to reduce stress and take yourself on the way to a happy life. However, it is suggested that you practice all these yoga poses on a regular basis for getting the best out of them.